DANGER OF THE WEEK AWARD
When called to install a new hot water and heating system to a flat in Manchester we arrived to find the non-functioning un-vented cylinder in a state of dis-repair. The home made control box shown here contained all manner of connections that were poorly made with lots of exposed and live wire hanging loose. These wires were all carrying 240 volts and were fused at 32amps.
Technically it could all be repaired, but why so complicated? The rats nest of cables should have been neatly installed with the relay properly mounted. The end result was that we deemed the installation unsafe as it did not comply many current (and older) regulations. The installation has since been re-designed to operate safely.